Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You're Bleeding//Teeth like God's Shoeshine

Today, on day 12 of the pill, I started getting mid--cycle bleeding. A pink tinge, actually. I made Mark get down from the storage closet the pantiliners I haven't had to use since late December 2004. I see from my googling that this is very common, but I can't seem to find anything that explains why it happens.

Yesterday, I got fitted for my mouthguard. This device fits on my lower teeth and will prevent me from clenching my jaw, and will hopefully relax the jaw muscle that bothers me so. I never realized how often I clench my teeth, but Mark says I do it all the time. The dentist said my asymmetrical jaw movement/anatomy combined with the clenching/behavior is what is causing all the jaw pain. He said it's exascerbated by tension. That really made me laugh because this latest bout of chronic pain started in August when we were on vacation, ....with Mark's dad. Need I say more? Anyway, wearing even just for the last 24 hours I can tell a big difference in the way I hold my jaw, and that is exactly what we are intending. I have to wear it non-stop except for drinking and eating for at least the next 3 weeks, and at night thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home