Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Five-O Ford

Big post number 50. Whoop-ed-e-doo....

From my reserach so far, I have yet to see a connection between breastfeeding and a high TSH number. Nonetheless, it has now been 8 nights with no mid-night feedings nor any early morning boobathon. The Manling seems to be taking it well. I am a little sad about it. Managably so, however. I have not yet called my doctor because I am compiling a list of questions for him:
  • Do you know of any links between breastfeeding and high TSH levels?
  • What are the chances that cutting out these 1-2 feedings will make me ovulate?
  • Is the birth control you mentioned the "mini-pill" (progesterone only)? How long would I have to be on that before I could stop and start trying to conceive? If that doesn't work, what is my next step?
  • Should I be prescribed thyroid replacement hormone :levothyroxine sodium (synthroid, levoxyl, levothyroid, unithyroid)? I saw treatment is may not commonly be done for TSH less than 10.
  • What thyroid test was done in November 2005? What were those results?
  • Should I have a thyroid function test (measures T3 and T4)? ("Free T4" measures unattached thyroid hormione in the blood; if "Total T4 then also do a "T3 resin uptake test" for free T3) I read that T4 levels are normal at around 50-165 nmol/L, with best feelings over 110.
    Free T3 (Triiodothyronine) 1.4 - 4.4 pg/ml (less than around 2.3 )
    Free T4 (Thyroxine) 0.8 - 2.0 ng/dl (less than .8 indicates hypothyroidism)
  • Can I also get a thyroid antibodies (antithyroglobulin and antimicrosomal) test?
  • Should I start charting my basal temp?
In other news, Luanne is being induced today. As of yet, I have heard no word. Her most recent MySp@ce info says she plans to stay in only one night, and it seems that she thinks it's going to be easy. I don't know if she was given prostaglandin, pitocin, or and epidural, if they stripped her membranes or broke her water, or if she's having a c-section. Being unable to conceive right now really makes this a bit painful for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home