Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Next One That Comes To Mind Is That Socialite Marie

The last two days the Manling and I have been invited to a few social gatherings. I am posting about this only because I think the big hand of karma is coming for me.

Last night, we went to a double birthday party for these two dudes I worked with at the big box retailer. One of the guests was a young dude I did not know who had a green mohawk. The Manling looked at him for a bit, his lip quivered, and then he started to cry.

today we went to a birthday bbq for one of our birth-class moms. I have the Manling dressed in Old Navy jeans, a green The Childrens Place polo shirt, a hawaiian-type yellow and green Gymboree button up shirt on top of that, and matching yellow Old Navy sneakers. He looks very 80's yet also very preppy.

I think the Manling is going to grow up to be either a thug or a frat-boy. Not punk rock at all. People who know me keep asking me why he is always dressed in these yuppie clothes versus anything punk rock. Unfortunately, it is much cheaper to get those clothes rather than ones I'd like him to wear. I think I mentioned this before. I need to start my own t-shirt company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home