Thursday, March 09, 2006

R.I.P. Buster

So back in the day, D. decided to get a pitbull puppy from our tattoo artist, T. Buster was the cutest pitbull puppy ever. He was that reddish color that I love, unfortunately had his little ears cropped, and was the tiniest little puppy. He was the runt, but not for long! That puppy grew and grew and quickly out-weighed me. Dave took him everywhere and doted on that dog. I was a big fan of Buster even though he was much bigger than me. He was a great dog. I was hoping to see him on this visit but the following is what I received from N. today:
Sadly we had to put buster down. Buster had cancer. It was just devastating for us but especially D. I have never seen him so heartbroken and it's something I pray to god we will never go through again. He never let on that he was sick. He went out with D. for for his usual 5 mile hike. D. went to work and when I came home, he collapsed as I walked through the door. I took him to the vet and they x rayed and didn't see anything they thought he was bitten by something so they gave him a steroid shot and he seemed great that night but he wasn't. After countless tests and prayers we went to have surgery for him (they found a "hidden" masses on his organs.) but a final x ray showed one of the masses had opened and his heart was only working at 50% god I can hardly type this I haven't remembered this part of the story in a long time it was awful. We had to put him down it was jan 2nd 2004. We had him cremated and have his ashes with us.

I feel sad to hear this too. So this post is dedicated to Buster. Also, please check out:
Sorry Again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home