Thursday, February 02, 2006

Old Number 2

We had birth class reunion on tuesday night. Eight of the ten babies and most of their parents came. Of those, only 3 were born vaginally, and only 3 were girls (not the same ones). Everyone breast fed, or at least gave breast milk for the first two months, and at least 5 of us were still going strong, tho one mom was still an exclusive pumper. And only 2 of us were cloth-diapering. It was really interesting to see all the babies and to notice how the personalities of the women came out if full effect now that we weren't pregnant and miserable. There's a rumour that there will be a 6 month reunion, too, but I doubt it.

The topic of second children came up. I heard a few people talking about how this is it for them. I was surprised by that only because in my experience, having this child o' mine has been the most amazing and wonderful experience. And I was never a child/baby person. The Manling has been such a wonderful baby: so happy and pleasant; no colic or attitude or problems. I think a lot about baby number 2. Depending on our financial situation, I would consider trying again starting in May. I guess we'll see.



I'm really enjoying instant messaging. I like being able to talk to people without actually having to voice things concstantly, since I'm so bad at small talk, and it's nice to be able to ignore or end conversations if something else is going on. My cousin says it's nice I'm talking to real people rather than just reading about the ones whose blogs I follow. I wish I could IM w/ some of them - like my blogging heroes Julie and the G&D Tertia . They write so wonderfully, with such wit and verve and humour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home