Friday, April 28, 2006

Couch/Potato

I'm still a little sick but not a whiny blatch any more.

Ok, I have to admit...I think I'm a hippy. Signs pointing to yes:
1. breastfeed
2. cloth dipes
3. crochet
4. make own baby food
5. stay at home mom

It kinda sucks. I'm not at all ashamed of any of these things, though. When I say it kinda sucks, I mean that these things don't really fit in with how I used to identify myself. But how I used to identify myself in the past, I really can't say. It's ironic that I do this stufff now, and love it.

I think I may also be a yuppie:
1. own 2 Hondas
2. highlight of week was when Crate and Barrel new couches were delivered
3. shop at Gymboree regularly
4. christ, isn't that enough?
5. my friends from college would also add: shop at Supertarget

I only say this because of those dear friends from college. We have an email list called oddly enough "The List" where we all just talk about the most random things. One recurring topic is who is and who is not a yuppie. I know that the signs above would definitely put me into the yuppie category according to The List. Those guys are odd though; apparently being a homeowner also makes you a yuppie but working in a corporate setting doesn't. It's just comedy.

Seriously, I'm in an odd mood. I just spent the last 2 hrs cooking and food-processor-ing 5lbs of potatos and 5 lbs of sweet potatoes for the Manling. That really gets annoyingly boring after the first batch or two. Especially alone on a friday night- Mark is as usual working.

We got the zebra Britax Marathon carseat earlier this week and Mark installed it I think Tuesday. I really love it for it's amazing safety rating, the ability to hold up to a 65lb child, and of course the super fancy pattern. It's just weird getting used to carrying the Manling in and out of the house just holding onto him. I think I'm going to drop him in our dust bowl. I mean yard.

Other than getting our new couches- finally! I can't think of anything else exciting of late. Our old couch and chair were hand me downs of hand me downs of hand me downs. The couch was a ripped up and faded ugly floral print which I had hidden via a slipcover which constantly came up in the back and was a magnet for animal hair and crumbs, and the cushions were being sucked into the crease by the heavy as hell sleeper sofa within. So on Sunday we get to say goodbye to that forever. I can't wait.

This is the first time Mark and I have bought furniture ever. I feel like such adults!!!! Well, I guess we had bought a dining room table/chairs but we never ate there because we always ate on the couch and now we have to use the table to try to preserve this god awfully over-priced furniture for as long as possible. So it probably sounds really lame, but that's the big news out this way.

Now, in terms of the Manlings foods, I hrecently tried to get him to eat a mashed potato. Mashed potatoes are the trademark favorite food of my family, and so I thought the Manling would take right to them. He HATED them. Hated them to the point of crying and them throwing them back up. Mark suspects it was because they were just plain potato- no salt, no butter, no sour cream, no milk. Poor little guy. I'd probably hate them too. This is the first food he's had such a reaction to; usually the Manling will gladly eat anything I put in front of him just like his dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home