Friday, May 18, 2007

No Home, No Place To Pillow My Head

CD28 was yesterday and I decided to take a test, which would make me around 10+ days past ovulation. It was negative. I didn't use my First morning urine though, so there is a slight glimmer of hope, combined with me remembering that the first test I took with the Manling was also negative. Back then I wasn't charting, looking at cervical mucus or anything back then so it was a crap shoot. I just thought it was time. Luckily, we had hit the jackpot. This time I doubt it. I think I will just wait until the bleeding begins. What really annoys me, besides not being pregnant, is that although I can go whoop it up in NYC on our vacation, my prime fertile days will most likely also occur during the vacation.

We still haven't found a home for Pepper, although Mark says his friend's friend is very interested. I hope so. If not, we most likely will be taking her to the local no-kill shelter, but then we'll never know what happens to her. I met with the director who said that being a biter won't be bad for her chances of being adopted but that she can't go to a family with small children. She said that the other shelters in the area will euthanize her due to her biting. I hope this guy works out. He's a single guy who lives with his brother so no kids in the picture. I put up an ad on my local mom's list as well as on cr.aigslist and from the latter I have gotten 2 hater emails saying that it's all the Manling's fault. I hope those people burn in a towering inferno here on earth. Seriously, I hate people like that.

I also picked up a sinus infection yesterday and feel completely gross today. Despite using the generic suda.phed and the lotion-y tissues, my snot keeps pouring out and my nose is bright red.

The only positive thing in the last few days is that I found, bought, and received this awesome swallow necklace from Etsy. It's 2 lucite swallows connected at the beak hanging from a basic black cord. I love it. I love the one- or few-of-a-kind things you can find on there. A few months ago I bought this rad shirt showing a tattoo-flash devil woman breastfeeding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home