Friday, March 23, 2007

Hyper-ballad

Finally, some good news. Tuesday was the doctor's visit to go over my test results. at first my doc said that my TSH was 10.1. I couldn't believe that it would be exactly the same as it was 8 weeks ago so when he said my previous test was a 7-something, I made him check the dates. Sure enough, he didn't have the newest results on top. After all the suspense, my TSH is now a measly 0.1!! My thyroid is definitely reacting to the levothyroxine. Unfortunately, it's nothing I have noticed. My dosage got adjusted to 75 units a day since I am currently in the hyper-thyroidism range, and the best part is I get to take purple pills instead of the ghastly yellow ones. (I don't know what it is about the color yellow but I definitely hate it.) The doc says that this dosage may be the one I need, or else 50 or 88 units to get me into the therapeutic range, which reminds me: I forgot to ask what range he'd like my thyroid to be in. I hope this is the one so I can start feeling less exhausted and cold (spring coming rapidly should help the latter) and most importantly, I can ovulate.

We discussed my apparent lack of ovulation, the temperature charting, the weaning, and how I probably will not get a period this month. He said that he feels that my anovulation is thyroid-related. You think? I certainly hope so since it seems to be an easy fix. He also said that going back on the pill would probably just confuse my hormones, and since being on it makes me a little crazy, that's alright with me. It looks as though April will not be the month I get pregnant. The game is on until July before I get super depressed again. I'm just very excited that there is some hope glimmering!

The Manling has added "work," "help," and perhaps "pasta" and "dancing" to his signing repertoire. And one of his top fangs has broken through his gums with the other soon to follow. It's amazing to see how fast he is growing and learning. Wanting another child is making me really appreciate every moment of his development just on the off-chance it never happens again. He's so rad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home