Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Is Only A Test

Sometimes I have really insensitive friends. I just wrote a lengthy email to my collge friends about my issues trying to get knocked up again (I refuse to say T*T*C)and how it's been bothering me. I got a really insensitive email back from one of them. I think it's bloodfeud time. I'm not saying insensitive like "maybe you should just relax," although I got an email like that too. I mean insensitive like:

"Blah blah blah blah BABY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HORMONE blah blah blah blah blah blah MENOPAUSE blah blah blah blah blah blah BABY blah blah blah blah blah blah THE MANLING blah blah blah blah blah blah BABY blah blah blah blah blah blah BABY blah blah.

What language are you speaking?"
I'm pretty furious about this.

Yesterday the Manling and I woke up and the crack of rush hour to go get blood drawn. Mark agreed to come, and of course he dawdled as usual so as usual I blew up since I HATE being late and I had so much damn anxiety about the impending test. The Manling was being tested for elevated lead levels, which I had wanted to do after the window installation, but that didn't happen since big home improvement retailers ordered the wrong ones. (And of course we had the area's longest coldest arctic-wintry-blizzardy spell in at least the 7 years I've lived here but that's another story...) The Manling did better than I did while having his blood drawn. He really is such a great trooper.

I donated a huge vial of blood and will be getting my TSH retested as well as Free T4 this time. I kind of wanted to get my prolactin level done too, but I forgot to negotiate that when the harpoon was right there in front of me. Results next Thursday. I thought I wasn't so worried that the results would be bad, but i am. Oh, I am.

Good news though: this month (2nd month on the Pill) I have not had any mid-cycle bleeding. I was completely insane though at the end of week 2, beginning of week 3 of the active pills. I thought I was seriously going to murder Mark. Poor guy. Neither one of us realized until mid-awful-fight-over-nothing that it was the hormones, but once I pointed that out, it took the edge off everything.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home