Thursday, May 24, 2007

Misread

I was wrong. Fooled again. I must be one of those women who doesn't have a detectable level of hcg in early pregnancy. The Manling's first test also gave a BFN; this time, however, I was convinced that I was not pregnant. But it appears that I am. Happy, happy, joy, joy. Mark claims that he had been surprised the first test was negative, because he was convinced I was pregnant, in part because I've gotten nastily sick again (head cold vs last time was a wicked awful stomach virus.) I was a bit suspicious myself because 2 days after we did the deed, I had weird crampy feelings for 2 full days, which must have been implantation. I don't remember feeling those the last time, but I also wasn't as in tune with my body as I am now. Those 2 days I also had a significant dip in my bbt, and I wondered then what was going on.

I'm about 5 weeks along now (day36 of the cycle), and the only things I have noticed is that my boobs don't hurt, but I do have a weird sensation (not cramps, not pain, just different) down below. I haven't gotten the metallicy taste in my mouth like last time either, although I can't really taste anything currently which I blame being sick for. I'm also getting tired at night fairly early (10-11pm vs normally 12-1).

I'm so looking forward to our vacation, and going to NYC. I don't think I'm going to tell my mom, or many people (if any) because it is so early and I know that thyroid issues often lead to miscarriage if your TSH is not between 1-2. Sadly, mine is not. I am waiting until after we get back from vacation to schedule a doctor appointment. I need to go in for more bloodwork around June 15th, and my doctor had said at my last appointment that if I was pregnant (which I was!) that it would be ok to wait until then to do the bloodwork. So hopefully nothing is wrong, I'll still be pregnant, and my thyroid will be working. I am crossing every appendage that I have.

In other news, we decided to keep Pepper and get her some shock-collar training. We are having a consultation with some trainers when we get from vacation.

And a request for any readers I may have: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON MY MYSPACE PAGE ABOUT MY NEWS. My mom and Luanne both check it and I don't want them to know yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home