Thursday, July 13, 2006

Randomosities

So far I'm 2 for 3 on the myspace friends thing. I'm really quite pleased. I miss people. I wish I wouldn't get so much anxiety about these things.

The enormous spider escaped a few days ago. Mark thinks I left the lid ajar. I think the huge spider pushed his way out or else sent out spider-messages to his equally huge buddies who helped him make the jailbreak.

I hadn't mentioned this before, but I somehow have lost our cordless phone. Not the crappy hard-to-hear one, but the one attached to the answering machine. You'd think since I have the house torn apart that I would've found it by now, but no. Chalk it up there with Mark's vy expensive snowboard gloves, and one of the diamond studs I got last year for my birthday. All MIA. I'm thinking about creating those metal bracelets like the POW/MIA groups use.

Speaking of birthdays, mine is coming up in 2 days. The Powers That Be have taken steps to make it unpleasant as usual. Somehow they had slipped up and allowed Social Distortion and the Supersuckers to play at Red Rocks that day. I got tickets on pre-sale 2 months ago, and started looking for a babysitter. Fastforward 6 weeks when I had just about given up on the idea I'd get to go see this show. Tiger Army was added to the bill, and my conviction that it was ok that I'd miss this awesome show flew out the window and I really, really wanted to go again. My friend S said she'd babysit, and life was ok again. Then, just yeasterday, I was made aware that the 5pm time on the ticket was not when the doors opened, but when the 1st band was starting. This show starts insanely early: doors open at 3pm. So S won't be off work in time, throwing me into another bout of anxiety. Luckily Mark's coworker had said his wife would babysit. He'd offered her up previously, but they live 30 miles north of us so I'd thought that it'd end up being too late by the time we got back up there. But with the show starting at 5, I think it'll be over by 10pm. I guess Mike Ness can't handle staying up late anymore?

I guess I should start pumping so the Manling will have something to eat that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home